Binding and Finishing Services
At SCS Printing in Geelong, we provide an extensive binding and finishing service to suit all needs. We can help you turn a standard project into something special and that makes a real impact. Transform your pile of paper into a polished or complete project that you can be proud of. See below for more information about laminating, binding, and trimming/cutting.
Help protect your documents with a laminate finish with SCS Geelong. No matter if you have small or large documents and posters, drop by our store to see what we can do for you. We cover a wide range of sizes and shapes to suit all types of projects. You can enjoy peace of mind while protecting your valuable work. The following are some great options when it comes to laminating your work:
- We can protect drawings and artwork up to 1 meter wide.
- Gloss or Matt laminate finish.
- Pouch laminate from business card size up to A2 size.
- Cello Glaze - a thin and cost-effective laminate finish to documents.
Our all-in-one binding solution will guarantee the results you want. All you need to do is select your preferred binding method, and then leave the rest to us! Our range of options include:
- Staples, paper clips, bulldog clips, metal fasteners or slide bars. These are the most basic, but still the most effective and efficient methods.
- Hole punching – This enables the printed docs to be stored in a folder or bound with string, ribbon or a pin (such as Chicago Screws and Split Rings).
- Plastic Comb and Wire Binding.
- Thermal Binding – simple and clean finish with graphics.
- Clamps or Timber Sticks.
From large posters and banners to small, custom items, SCS Geelong can cut and trim paper to any size you need. We will work out what method best suits your project and how to get the job done quickly. We have a range of trimming methods to suit your needs, which includes a paper creaser for folding cards, trimmer for large format drawings, and a guillotine for a large stack of paper.
Here are some of our most frequently asked finishing questions
- Do you provide large or wide format binding?
Yes, we provide this service. We not only provide binding for standard sized documents, but we extend our services to cater for larger documents. At SCS Geelong Printing we have aluminium clamps, coil binding or traditional timber edge with screws. All of these methods will work for large sizes.
- Can pages be added or removed from documents after binding?
This will depend on the type of bind that has been performed. Most bind systems will allow us to add or remove pages from your document. This also includes if you need to modify your document for any other reason. If your document has been glued, however, then this cannot be done.
- Can you laminate my documents while I wait?
You have the option to wait for us to laminate your work, or you can come back at a later time. We just need to allow 10 minutes for the laminator to reach the right temperature, and then we can begin. You are more than welcome to relax in our store and wait for your […]
- Do you provide binding for non-standard sizes?
Yes, we do. All printed documents can be cut down or trimmed to the size that you need. Our manual or electronic trimmers can cut pages one at a time if you need. Our guillotine can also precisely trim large stacks of paper to save time and have you on your way in no time.
- Can we provide our own paper for our booklets?
If you wish to bring your own paper for your booklet, then we can cater to your needs. Our photocopy machines print on standard A5, A4 and A3 size paper. If you provide us with these sizes in paper, then it will be suitable for us to use. Once finished, we will fold, staple or […]
- Do you print booklets in colour?
Yes, we can print your booklet in colour to suit your needs. When printing a booklet in colour instead of black and white, this will alter the cost of your project. Supplies to print in colour are usually higher, therefore those costs transfer across to the price of the booklet. Talk to us to see […]