Binding and Finishing Services
At SCS Printing in Geelong, we provide an extensive binding and finishing service to suit all needs. We can help you turn a standard project into something special and that makes a real impact. Transform your pile of paper into a polished or complete project that you can be proud of. See below for more information about laminating, binding, and trimming/cutting.
Help protect your documents with a laminate finish with SCS Geelong. No matter if you have small or large documents and posters, drop by our store to see what we can do for you. We cover a wide range of sizes and shapes to suit all types of projects. You can enjoy peace of mind while protecting your valuable work. The following are some great options when it comes to laminating your work:
- We can protect drawings and artwork up to 1 meter wide.
- Gloss or Matt laminate finish.
- Pouch laminate from business card size up to A2 size.
- Cello Glaze - a thin and cost-effective laminate finish to documents.
Our all-in-one binding solution will guarantee the results you want. All you need to do is select your preferred binding method, and then leave the rest to us! Our range of options include:
- Staples, paper clips, bulldog clips, metal fasteners or slide bars. These are the most basic, but still the most effective and efficient methods.
- Hole punching – This enables the printed docs to be stored in a folder or bound with string, ribbon or a pin (such as Chicago Screws and Split Rings).
- Plastic Comb and Wire Binding.
- Thermal Binding – simple and clean finish with graphics.
- Clamps or Timber Sticks.
From large posters and banners to small, custom items, SCS Geelong can cut and trim paper to any size you need. We will work out what method best suits your project and how to get the job done quickly. We have a range of trimming methods to suit your needs, which includes a paper creaser for folding cards, trimmer for large format drawings, and a guillotine for a large stack of paper.
Here are some of our most frequently asked finishing questions
- Do you print and bind folios and other projects?
Yes, as a printing service we offer many services including binding for many types of projects. This includes folios. Our binding services provide our clients with all that they need and more. We can discuss how we can turn your project into a success. Please refer to our binding services for options on how we […]
- How many pages can you print in a booklet?
Most booklets for our clients are printed with a standard number of pages. However, if you need a booklet to be printed with a large number of pages, then we can do this for you. There is no limit to the size of the booklet we can print, so come and talk to us about […]
- Can pages be added or removed from documents after binding?
This will depend on the type of bind that has been performed. Most bind systems will allow us to add or remove pages from your document. This also includes if you need to modify your document for any other reason. If your document has been glued, however, then this cannot be done.
- Can we provide our own paper for our booklets?
If you wish to bring your own paper for your booklet, then we can cater to your needs. Our photocopy machines print on standard A5, A4 and A3 size paper. If you provide us with these sizes in paper, then it will be suitable for us to use. Once finished, we will fold, staple or […]
- Do you supply hard covers for booklets?
We can provide some basic options when it comes to hard covers for your booklets or documents. Most of our clients find what they need when they talk to us, or come instore. If you seek a more tailored option to suit your project, then we can assist you in sourcing the right solution.
- Do you provide hard cover or soft cover book binding?
Yes, we offer a range of binding options to give you that bound book look. We provide the perfect binding for both soft and hard cover sizes. If you are looking for a more basic finish then we can also bind using staples, a range of different fasteners or clips and hole punching. Standard sizes […]